The two rooms that consistently make the biggest impressions to buyers are, without a doubt, kitchens and bathrooms. So what can you do to assure your kitchen and bath will be appealing to buyers? The National Association of Realtors recently conducted their “Profile of buyer’s home feature preferences” survey. Here are the results:
FIVE KITCHEN + BATH FEATURES BUYERS WANT MOST
1) 36% want a separate shower enclosure in master bath
2) 31% want an eat-in kitchen
3) 24% want high-end appliances
4) 23% want granite countertops
5) 21% want a kitchen island
FOUR REHAB MUST-DOS
1) Universal bath design. Roll-in showers and decorative grab bars that match other bath fixtures
2) A kitchen island. Ideally one that’s not a boring square and that incorporates lots of storage.
3) A sealed shower. Multiple shower heads and outside vent to cut down on mold build up on grout and behind walls.
4) Stainless steel appliances. Essential today at almost every home price point.
1) Light and bright. No matter the market, a cheerful and bright kitchen will get buyers past a multitude of other issues
2) Storage galore. No matter how big the kitchen and bath, there is always a need for more storage.
3) Earth-friendly features. Going green in the kitchen is perhaps the hottest trend.
4) Custom is king. Even for mid-range homes, adding a few luxury touches to a kitchen or bath will go along way.
Picture courtesy of HAUS, www.hausdesign.us