Apr

Berkeley Association of Realtors Gives Away Over $30,000 In Grants

Posted In: Arts and Entertainment, Community, General Real Estate News, Neighborhood Businesses
thumbnail for Berkeley Association of Realtors Gives Away Over $30,000 In Grants
Yesterday the Berkeley Association of Realtors gave away $30,010 to 32 local community groups.  I am proud to say that every agent in my office contributes a portion of each commission to this wonderful cause.  I was at yesterday’s reception and couldn’t have been more humbled by all of the grant recipients.  What amazing work these local groups do. The [...]
Mar

Where to Recycle Oddities

Posted In: Albany, Community, Home Maintenance
Did you know that… Berkeley Horticultural Nursery recycles plastic plant pots and plant trays. Pots should be empty and clean. Drop off outside nursery anytime. The nursery is located at 1310 McGee Avenue, in North Berkeley, between Hopkins and Rose. The drop-off location is on Rose near Monterey. Look for the sign. Need to get rid of clean, wearable clothes? [...]
Oct

Sunday Streets Berkeley

Posted In: Berkeley, Community, Fun for Grown Ups, Fun for Kids
thumbnail for Sunday Streets Berkeley
Well, its finally here.  SUNDAY STREETS, Berkeley style. On October 14th, from 11am – 4pm, Shattuck Ave will be closed to car traffic between Rose St. and Haste St.  People will enjoy cycling, strolling, skating, dancing, and playing in the open streets.  Come out for the fun! www.sundaystreetsberkeley.com    
Aug

El Cerrito Recycling Center

Posted In: Community, El Cerrito, Green Living, Home Improvement
thumbnail for El Cerrito Recycling Center
Ok, I know I posted about this before, but I just went again and I have to give a shout-out to how COOL the El Cerrito Recycling Center is. RECYCLE IT: Bricks, exercise equipment, batteries, oil, medicine, e-waste, aluminum windows…and on and on and on… DONATE IT: Goodwill truck hangs out just outside of the gates EXCHANGE IT: There is [...]
Jul

Block Party in the Gourmet Ghetto this Sunday – A Serious Food and Wine Pairing

Posted In: Community, Fun for Grown Ups, Good Eats
thumbnail for Block Party in the Gourmet Ghetto this Sunday – A Serious Food and Wine Pairing
OMG if this event doesn’t have my name written all over it I don’t know what does!  It combines some of my favorite things: grilled cheese sandwiches and wine.  The only thing missing is chocolate! Summer Pairings Series II: Block Party with Wine Pairings & The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen: Sunday July 29; 4-7pm: In the Gourmet Ghetto, Vintage Berkeley [...]
Apr

Who’s Cooler: Oakland or San Francisco

Posted In: Alameda County, Arts and Entertainment, Community, Oakland
The Bay Area Guardian just wrote the coolest story.  It features a group of varied creative folks from all parts of Oakland.  They were each asked “Is Oakland cooler than San Francisco?  Some of the answers were fun, expressive, and surprising.  And of course, the consensus said “Hell ya.”  Here is the article, it is worth a read! http://www.sfbg.com/pixel_vision/2012/04/10/their-words-oakland-locals-weeks-guardian-cover